Elementary (Grades 1 - 6)
Grades 1 - 3
Building a Solid Foundation - Our goal in the primary years is to teach the whole child by providing a nurturing, secure, and fun environment for learning. We recognize that each child is made in the image and likeness of God, so our teachers focus on personal attention for each child by using developmentally appropriate methods. The early learning years are important; a time when good habits and virtues are formed.
Students in grades 1 through 3 are encouraged to explore and discover their individuality. Superior skills in literacy and numeracy are are a priority. In these early school years, Clear Water Academy helps students discover a love for learning that will serve them well throughout their schooling.
Our program provides structure, academic foundation, study of the Catholic faith, and leadership opportunities. Character formation occurs in our students; they grow in self-control, generosity, and respect for others. Our students learn to lead by example, and experience: singing with friends in music class, practicing Spanish, preparing for concerts and assemblies, poetry recitation, skating lessons - these are just a few of the many activities that help our young students grow in self confidence. Strength is found in one’s character as well as in academic performance. At Clear Water Academy we offer a high reaching academic curriculum. Loving, talented teachers give each student the tools he or she needs to meet the challenges they face. Further, our students are taught in an environment that values faith, virtue, and service to others.
Building a Solid Foundation Shaping, Forming, and Inspiring Talented Young Minds
Grades 4 - 6
Designed to build upon the foundation provided in the primary elementary program, the Grade 4 to Grade 6 curriculum emphasizes strong academics and continues to foster character development. The upper elementary years develop each student's skills and habits necessary for success in our comprehensive Junior High program. We emphasize:
- Proficiency in writing, reading, mathematics
- Computer skills
- Development of strong organization and study habits
- Public speaking
We acknowledge and support the brain research that has proven that girls and boys differ in how they read, study, and learn. As a result, girls and boys are primarily educated in single gender classes, with teaching methods that cater to the learning needs of each gender.
In addition to rigorous academic programming, our students have opportunities to learn and continue to grow in self-confidence. We offer:
- Music class, concerts, assemblies and musical productions which develop confidence and public speaking skills
- Arts class to foster creativity in a hands-on environment
- Jr. Crusaders which takes phys ed beyond the classroom to teach the fundamentals pf competitive sports
- Options classes to allow exposure to diverse activities: robotics, baking, woodworking, knitting, to name a few
- Service opportunities both internal such as mentoring younger students, and external such as the charity Mary's Meals
- French as a second language to expand language processing capacity